No Deposit No Return Find! by the Dozen?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ebelx6

Reaction score
A few days ago I posted pics of No Deposit No Return Bottles from an old abandoned homestead. They were 1972 Bottles found on the top of the pile which was six feet long and up to my waste. (Poor sole must have died from kidney failure from drinking so much soda) Anyway, I am going to 'Dig' deeper for earlier years. Does anyone think I could get anything off ebay if I sell them by the dozen? Just wanted to check before I tote back a load. Thanks! Amy

digdug

Reaction score
I think you could get some $$ out of them on ebay. But I would mix and match if you sell in lots. Common bottles with ones a little harder to find. Otherwise you may end up with all common ones and not be able to sell them as easily. I know I would be interested in bidding on some of them. Let me know what you find out there!

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
You can die from drinking too much pop? Oh no.......

Well, there are MILLIONS of no-deposit beers from the 1960's-70s EVERYWHERE!! you can literally find them in ditches right next to a busy road. Few more years...[:D]

TomsNutt

Reaction score
What kinds did you find? These are some of my favorite types. Any pictures of the site or bottles?

ebelx6

Reaction score
Here are the pics again. I did not have a camera with me to take pics of the site, I was just geo-caching. Don't worry, my backpack is geared up now. There were Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, 7-UP and some blanks on top. (The few I have are 1972) Had the little guys with me and I was trying to keep them out of the glass, so I couldn't check it out real close. Although my four year old got his first 'bottle treasure'. Just wanted to check them out before I gathered them up. Hoping to get out there today or tomorrow, weather permitting, before they are vandalized even further. Some gun shells were there - hope there were not any diamond cokes that recieved fatal wounds.

Db85467.jpg

digdug

Reaction score
Here is a pictue of the Diamond Coke NDNR. There are 2 versions. One has contour bottle embossed inside of diamond (Like photo shows) and one with just the diamond and the word Coca-Cola, no bottle embossed.

Nl30242.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30242.jpg
    Nl30242.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 84

TomsNutt

Reaction score
I have the one shown which is the harder of the two? Are there many different kinds?

digdug

Reaction score
The one without the bottle embossed in diamond is harder to find. The 10 oz size is easier to find. The 16 oz and up are harder to find.The classic contour or Hobbleskirt shape NDNR are more common. Unless, they are a larger size. I found three 26 ounce NDNR Hobbleskirts from the early 1960's and sold two of them for $50 a piece. I kept one for me. The larger ones didn't make it, easily broken, so harder to find.

Bottleman

Reaction score
Are the amber NDNR beer bottles worth anything? They say it around the shoulder and have a very light texture over the entire bottle.

Thanks, Tom

digdug

Reaction score
Usually, the NDNR that is worth something either have to still have the paper label (which I think most Beer bottles had) or be embossed with the company name. If it just has No Deposit on it, and no name I don't think they are worth anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday