No longer a virgin !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Now that I have your attention I am proud to display some of my findings from my very first dig. I got some great stuff that I think will make a great start to my collection. The find of the day though would have to be the applied blob top dimijohn that I worked on for a half an hour just before sunset and pulled it out to find it in perfect condition. Oh and a bunch of other cool stuff like the DAVIS PAIN KILLER bottles and even an E.R. DURKEE 1877 PAT. Well I have alot of bottles to clean and research but I just had to share my excitement with someone and the people here seem like a wonderful bunch .

Nl30528.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30528.jpg
    Nl30528.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 59

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
BOOOOHHHHYAHHHHHHHHH

Welcome to the forum!

my name is Matt (philabottles).

soooo dave...where do you think the origin of that demijon is? GREAT FIND!

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Dont know Matt,
I found it in an old town dump under an oak tree that had blown over about three feet under the root ball and this tree had a circumferance of three feet so I knew it had some age. So a Boston BOOOOOOO YYYAAAAAAAA right back atcha ya !

Attachments

• Jh16722.jpg
    Jh16722.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 56

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
My wife had a felling someone might pick up on that.

Bz77965.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77965.jpg
    Bz77965.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 57

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey Dave, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the finds. When I first read your post I thought for sure you were going to have another story to tell us. [&:]

Black_Boogers

Reaction score
Welcome Dave..

Nice haul for the first time out!! You must've been diggin' somewhere with cold winters and lakes...there weren't any ice rinks back then!! [;)] Out here in Calif., I've occasionally found the first "inline skates" in 1890s dumps... they clamped onto your shoes and each skate had two wheels, one in front and one in back with iron hubs and wood wheels. Nice ice-skates!

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Thanx Rick for the warm welcome !!
The cool thing about the skate which you cant see from the picture and it is too late to drag out the camera is right where the ball of the foot would rest carved through the metal plate is a shamrock. Hope to go back and find the other one.!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4