No Scrubbing Necessary !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hi Don, I am not sure it is the Holy Grail !!! But it is the best cleaner I have found and I have access to very harsh chemicals at work and none would touch this product.( I REALLY WANT TO STRESS TO ANYONE WHO CHOOSES TO USE THIS, READ ALL WARNINGS AND FOLLOW SAFETY PRECAUTIONS AS DESCRIBED BY THE MANUFACTURE.) I am trained in handling caustic materials and please be careful while using any cleaners. Thanks, Kevin...

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello all, I am curious to know if anyone has tried this cleaner ? I have left it in bottles for 5 days without any harm to the bottle, Thanks Kevin...

Bottleworm

Reaction score
This sounds interesting. Have you tried it on old glass like TOC bottles or older? I am wondering because I have a couple bottles in my collection that could use this.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello, I am not 100% sure what your TOC bottles, But I have used it in hair tonic, 1854 squat sodas, poison bottles, Coke bottles, blob beer bottles, milk jars, and canning jars to test with excellent results. I have used it in over 30 bottles am I am still amazed with the results. It really worked well on a hair tonic " Wild Root" bottle I received in the Christmas exchange that was white inside and the opening was only 1/4'' so no other way to clean. Thought about tumbling, but I knew I could never get the copper out of the bottle. I use it on every bottle I get to see what it will do before other methods of cleaning are implemented. I made sure to rinse the bottles out well with a standard household cleaner and then strained the White Ox thru a coffee filter so I could reuse it again. Thanks, Kevin...

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Yes sir, That's the same cleaner I purchased. You will see what this cleaner can do. I bought the qt. spray bottle and still have 3/4 left after using it on about 30 bottles.

splante

Reaction score
are you using it on just the inside? It looks like it also cleaned the acl labels very well from the pics, no Paint loss? Do you dilute or is it straight from the bottle? Its promising to hear that you have not seen any damage to the bottle some of the harsh chems can cause glass to be "etched" Have a Harbor freight close by will have to check it out

splante

Reaction score
noticed its been awhile since you posted this (4 weeks) just wondering if you are not seeing any issues with the bottles that were cleaned with the white ox product..this statement from their website still concerns me
DO NOT USE ON GLASS, WINDOWS, BRICK, PORCELAIN,
FABRIC OR CLOTH, AUTOMOBILES OR MOBILE HOMES.​

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hi Splante, I have only used it on the insides, I will try it on a ACL junk bottle and post the results later today. I just used some yesterday on a bottle full of rust stains I could not remove with the drill/compound. 5 minutes later all rust was removed from bottle with the White Ox cleaner. I have no idea why they say not to use on glass ???? It works wonders for me with bottles that don't really need to be tumbled just to remove minor rust or hard water stains. I check the bottles daily to see if any damage was caused using this product, I have seen zero damage.... I only post what works for me on here, And I sure would not post something here if I had any negative results. Try some on a junk bottle and you decide if it works for you as well as it does for me. Thanks, Kevin.....

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
Hi, I,ve been wondering if it could be mildly abrasive if not fully dissolved. This could be the warning against useing it on windows and such since your rubbing instead of soaking. Thanks, Don

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay