Not exactly a bottle..but a nice peice

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bne74honda

Reaction score
Red,

thanks for the input. I figured that's all it is - no wear on the base to speak of - but just having a piece someone blew with such care and precision is a treat. That's how and why i started collecting...just the things that catch and please my eye (much to the chagrin of my ex-wife [8D]).

Maybe I'll enjoy it a while then put it in my shop.

Brian

===========================

Visit me at: http://tinyurl.com/edscolls

===========================

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RED Matthews

I think it is a neat piece of glass work and would have paid 35 or 30 for it if I found it in a shop. So I think you got a bargain.
RED Matthews
I personally think it is a modern peice of Mexican glass

bucky902

Reaction score
I pick this one up a a flea market thinking with the pontil it would be old but found out it was made in Spain in the 1970s

DE63DEA31E574EC6A7FC31D80F361D60.jpg

Attachments

• DE63DEA31E574EC6A7FC31D80F361D60.jpg
    DE63DEA31E574EC6A7FC31D80F361D60.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 51

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Yes, but in both cases you have to realize that they are not mass proeudion ornaments. It cost a lot of bucks to obtain and melt the batch material, and a lot of skill to create pieces like these. There how to do it - knowledge is really shown in both cases. I have three hand crafted boats made out of wood. cloth and string. But I like to look at them on top of a book case. I know I got one of them for $ 2.00, one for 10 bucks and both of them are 17 sail clipper ships. The third one is a repro of an early wooden sail boat that cost me $ 12. I like seeing them there. They rest in peace with four demi's and I just smilel when I look at em. Don't feel bad, because their value is worth the place they rest. RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
They both remind me of the Spanish wines... but without the ice pocket and the added handles. I like the fluting and "riggarie? on Brians' neck and mouth.
The bottle that is, I never met Brian..[:D][:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles