Not your ordinary finds.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys, Mad, I believe the 'milk bottle' is part of a children's dish set. Kelley, the green bottle appears to be a liquor bottle, yes that's a school bus but with remnents of RED instead of yellow paint, unfortunately the 'passenger' side of the hood is broken off at the center seam, I've been trying to come up with a way to make a mirror cast of the driver's side so I can repair it. It's marked on the inside - 'Made by Arcade Mfg. Co. Freeport ILL. I also found a cast iron fire truck at the same dump, one of those that had the big steam pot on the back I'll post some more pictures. Brian, believe it or not, you're the first person that came to mind when I found that stove plate. I KNEW you would get a rise out of it! Tell you what, if you would like it, let's work something out. I'll be glad to send it your way in trade for some kind of Washington State bottle. But I'll have to think about the shipping, that plate is fairly heavy........ nah, tell you what, just pick up the actual shipping charge and it's yours. Drop me a pm.[;)]

Brian, the weight is 2 lbs. 5 oz., not as heavy as I thought.

madman

Reaction score
yea post that picture of the fire engine, was it an old farm dump?when i was younger, they built this old folks home behind my house, that was in the middle of an old farm field ,when they dug out the road they dug up this farm dump ,i wish i new then what i no now, there were jugs ,pitch forks ,mason jars 1900 feed trofts,you name it dog licsenses , my buddy even found a navy ring from 1936 in perfect condition mike

David E

Reaction score
I can't find anything on an "A" in a triangle, But an item that is old and just says "Japan" and not made in Japan is prior to 1921 by act of congress. The green glass should be depression glass (pic seems to show it is a salt sharker) if so u right nice to have the pepper.

Dave

GlassWorx

Reaction score
The milk glass tiny bottle is actually a baby bottle that came with Japanese Dolls around 1915-1935 (the one with the A)
Rob Mooers - GlassWorx - Sanford, Maine

nitedigger

Reaction score
I dug a green salt shaker exactly like the one you have about a month ago but mine dosen't have a top.Maybe we should flip a coin to see who wins the other one's shaker![;)]

madman

Reaction score
hey thanks glassworx for the info, i figured it was for a doll, thanks again happy hunting mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973