Nuked or Real

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LegalQueen

Reaction score
What do you guys think? They are Canadian in origin

28FCCD658A1D489BB0E9D899773CFDEB.jpg

Attachments

• 28FCCD658A1D489BB0E9D899773CFDEB.jpg
    28FCCD658A1D489BB0E9D899773CFDEB.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 78

MNJars

Reaction score
My gut says nuked, especially on that Crown, but it's hard to say. Any time I see anything beyond a very faint yellowing of the glass my mind thinks nuked. I'm not an expert on nuked glass, but I haven't seen those gasoline colors naturally. 2 of them in the same place is a pretty good indication that someone may have ran a batch of jars through the NUKER.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well they look good, but the pictures need to be more clear. I have some Canadian jars up north but know little about them. We need to know the embossing and bottom marks to tell much about them. It is also necessary to know if the finish was ground on top, to know if it was a finish in the mold jar or not.
I see that you are a new member. If you check my homepage you can pick up some bottle knowledge of what I look for any way. Enjoy this great hobby. RED Matthews

deenodean

Reaction score
Take a picture outside in natural light, click ' reply ' on your post and re-post it. That color, what I have learned is called ' smokey or straw'. I have a Mason's Strong Shoulder qt with a very mild hint of this color. I believe that they are real but I have never seen those jars that dark in color. Perhaps another member has.

coreya

Reaction score
Agree possible Nuked, those have a sick brown tinge to them that the straw color which is more yellow doesn't have. That being said those are lighter than the normal nuked jars so better pics are a must!

LegalQueen

Reaction score
The lighter color is what threw me. Almost every article that I have seen or read about nuked jars said they are very dark in color...and these are still transparent enough to see through. If they are nuked, then so be it. My collection is for my enjoyment only, I dont sell them or try and make money for them, so I will just enjoy the color either way. I will however post closer pics when I get them.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
possibly selenium bleached glass. it tends to turn that nasty yellow/gray/brown rather than the amethyst of manganese

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Nuked. These may be ones that have sat outside for a while. Nuked jars, but especially the icky brown ones eventually get lighter in sunlight. So, if you buy 'em, keep 'em out of the sun if you want to keep the color.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty