NUKED?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Somebody more knowledgeable might chime in, but I thought that there were a few authentic examples found in citron. The color looks right to me. Doesn't have that weirdass smokey topazzy hue that you see a lot in nuked glass. I don't really know if that's a good price or not. Looks like a pal opened the bidding for the minimum he'd take for it.

BobbyCommonBottles

Reaction score
The color doesn't look even throughout the whole bottle...seems to vanish in places.....just really doesn't look right to me.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Hard to tell. None of his other stuff for sale appears to be nuked, but that doesn't mean this isn't. THIS is why the nuking of bottles is terrible for the hobby. It leaves you passing on maybe original colors because you just can't tell anymore. Jim G

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've seen the ABM versions of this bottle come out of the ground in this color. I think it is OK. I think the same place made these as made the strange ABM Sawyer's Crystal Bluing bottles...you can get the ABM versions of those in a lot of shades.

westernglassaddict

Reaction score
Dr. Pierce's actually come in that color quite often. Usually late ABM's but are right as rain in my opinion.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26