Oakland C. B. Works Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I have found the exact same bottle that jdunlap found. Towards the top side (on a slant) is "OAKLAND" (underlined) and under that is "7 Fluid OZ."
At the bottom rim, is "Registered", and under that line is "Oakland C.B. Works".
On the exact opposite side is Pontiac, Mich.
On the bottom is a large "P"
But on the bottle that jdunlap found, it has some numbers, mine does not have numbers, just the large "P".

My bottle was found almost all buried in sand under my church (narrow crawl space) with just about 1 1/2" sticking out. The church has rubble walls foundations that were built about 126 years ago, so about 1887. The bottle has a seam on two sides running top to bottom. And a man at the Oakland County Pioneer and Historical Society thought that the bottle was made after 1900, so it could have been left there during a time of up-grading the building. So if I could find who made this bottle, I could pin down when it was left under the church.

Any thoughts? I am trying to fill in the blanks about the history of our Church, I am not a bottle collector.

Many have said this is a POP bottle, but exactly who made it? Was it "Oakland Bottling Works"? Does anyone have documentation showing exact samples?

Andy
Rochester Hills, MI

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson