Octagon Cathedral pickle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GACDIG

Reaction score
Thanks for to comments on this big boy. It is about 13 and 1/2 inches tall. Nice rolled applied top. Buzz and Piumbata it just had about 2 inches of penny’s and nickels in it. The man was just tossing change in it. Surprised it did break. Thanks Red Matthews you are right it is a hexagon. Surfaceone it is one of the buy of this year. What do the pickles sell for now? I looked it up and most sites say it is from around 1860 to 1880. Got to find a place to put this big boy. [;)]
gac

februarystarskc

Reaction score
Yeah you got a unbelievable deal. I literally just bought this exact same bottle and paid $140. Oh well, I still love the bottle and have always wanted one. Congrats on your great find!

-Kevin

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Yes but it is hexogon! A neat bottle in anyone's collection. Congrats in order.
RED Matthews
I got here a bit late and was going to mention that, nice catch Red.
That's in super looking condition and a great price! I think you may find it more in the 1870-80 range though.
8150's is just a tad futuristic.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

GLOPTOP

Reaction score
Great find GAC! These 6 sided cathedrals in the average aqua coloration were selling in the 75-100 range not too long ago, but have seen much popularity in recent times, and are now selling in the 125-175 range. As the color gets darker, the price increases; the darker, the better! Green shades will raise the price, and dark emerald green can go for 2000 and more. Blue is harder to find as well. Age ranges from 1860-1890, yours would probably be around 1880,s. They are ocassionally found with a sandchip type pontil, but these are very rare. Amber color is almost impossible, however, Norm Heckler has one that is amber, with an AQUA applied lip! End-of-the-day glass whimsey for sure.

GACDIG

Reaction score
Thanks for the price range to color information GLOPTOP. I didn't realize the good deal I got at the time. Right now I'm just going to keep her and enjoy the craftsmanship it took to make a bottle this large. [8D]
gac

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc