Odd Colored Bromo Caffeine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugout

Reaction score
Okay, Can I ask another question? Both my Bromos are the straighter shoulder version. But one has a 12 on the bottom and the other which is heavier and darker has only a dot. When did this change occur or what is the deal on the dot?

sem_yeto

Reaction score
Funny thing, I've only dug the light cornflower Bromo Caffeines. Once we dug a well down 35' and got over a 100 of them ! All were the light cornflower. I never knew they came in a darker blue similar to the color of a Bromo Seltzer. Thanks for posting the photos
Sem

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: sem_yeto

Funny thing, I've only dug the light cornflower Bromo Caffeines. Once we dug a well down 35' and got over a 100 of them ! All were the light cornflower. I never knew they came in a darker blue similar to the color of a Bromo Seltzer. Thanks for posting the photos
Sem
DITTO

waskey

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses and info everyone. Much appreciated. As I promised I would, I spent a few hours cleaning them all up today. I ended up keeping 58 out of the 75. Some were chipped and cracked so badly that I couldn't keep them. The majority of them have alot of patina. Some is very neat looking. On the downside, most have damage of some kind. I didn't even realize until I cleaned them that I had several different types. There are bim cork tops, abm cork tops, and also abm screw tops. One of the abm cork tops is a lighter cornflower blue and all the screw top types are cornflower blue as well. Well anyway if anyone is interested send me a pm. Here is the group shot.

70458E115DBD411F8675659B94D3A43A.jpg

Attachments

• 70458E115DBD411F8675659B94D3A43A.jpg
    70458E115DBD411F8675659B94D3A43A.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 49

Clam

Reaction score
I think I have dug about 25 to 30 of them in the last few years and I have sold everyone of them for some reason people just love them. So I wold gather up the good ones and bring a couple to the club meeting because I sell them for $5 and they go as fast as I put them on the table. Funny how america's passion for coffee spurred a whole line of drugs to get rid of caffine headaches when all they had to do was drink a cup of coffee, Bayer asprin was 75% caffine and thats why it was so succesful.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93