Offended a fellow member here...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
..ALL will be judged..

C76167B62DAC45A2B1FC60E18CC87D74.jpg

Attachments

• C76167B62DAC45A2B1FC60E18CC87D74.jpg
    C76167B62DAC45A2B1FC60E18CC87D74.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 84

cyberdigger

Reaction score
You can't judge a judge.. it's a lifetime appointment.. [:-]

3C843C17E96343D0A5BFC03316B9DE4A.jpg

Attachments

• 3C843C17E96343D0A5BFC03316B9DE4A.jpg
    3C843C17E96343D0A5BFC03316B9DE4A.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 80

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Epackage,
Sorry for the useasiness you're experiencing. It could be that the person was just busy (and hasn't had the time to reply), but you may be right that they felt low-balled. Nothing much more that you could do except appollogize which you appear to have done profusely.

In many ways, I dislike the little guessing game we play with value. Its hard enough without all of the head games to determine the value of a rare bottle.

"Yea, it's old and rare but its all beat up. I'm doing you a favor by talking it off your hands." Really? Maybe I should pay you to take it from me. CAN WE SKIP THIS PART (in negotiations). I already know that you wouldn't be trying to acquire it if it wasn't a good bottle.

How about this. Everybody be honest. "I'm looking to get it for a steal because I'm low on cash. I give you $50." "Sorry. Two hundred is as low as I'll go." While no sale may take place, at least we all know where we stand. In two weeks when an unexpected windfall arrives, the potential buyer can call back and ask the seller if he still has the bottle . .

Trades can help because everybody gets something they want and money is (at least) less of an issue. But lets all do this as sellers - If you have a number that you're looking for, tell the potential buyer. If you don't have a number then shop it around and come up with a number. If that doesn't work, advise the potential buyer that you're listing it and put it on the bay. That should give you a slice of fair market value on the day the item closes.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the reset Bob !

This forum is the last place in the world you should try to screw around with bottle prices at.. we are watching, and we judge. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Rick, you tell that overcaffeinated ole gal to kiss my gavel. ..am I allowed to say that??

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Epackage,
Sorry for the useasiness you're experiencing. It could be that the person was just busy (and hasn't had the time to reply), but you may be right that they felt low-balled. Nothing much more that you could do except appollogize which you appear to have done profusely.

In many ways, I dislike the little guessing game we play with value. Its hard enough without all of the head games to determine the value of a rare bottle.

"Yea, it's old and rare but its all beat up. I'm doing you a favor by talking it off your hands."  Really? Maybe I should pay you to take it from me. CAN WE SKIP THIS PART (in negotiations). I already know that you wouldn't be trying to acquire it if it wasn't a good bottle.

How about this. Everybody be honest. "I'm looking to get it for a steal because I'm low on cash. I give you $50." "Sorry. Two hundred is as low as I'll go." While no sale may take place, at least we all know where we stand. In two weeks when an unexpected windfall arrives, the potential buyer can call back and ask the seller if he still has the bottle . .

Trades can help because everybody gets something they want and money is (at least) less of an issue. But lets all do this as sellers - If you have a number that you're looking for, tell the potential buyer. If you don't have a number then shop it around and come up with a number. If that doesn't work, advise the potential buyer that you're listing it and put it on the bay. That should give you a slice of fair market value on the day the item closes.
Thanx BBB, we had just traded a few bottles a couple of weeks earlier and I had also bought a few bottles from him at a local auction, he's a heck of a nice guy and I'll just let it end here now. It's obvious how he feels about my offer and I'll chalk it up as a learning experience. I may see him at the local bottle meeting, if I can make it this friday, and if so I can apologize in person. Even if we never trade or buy & sell with each other again it would be nice to be friendly...

Jim

epackage

Reaction score
Thanx Bob, I just hope he got to see this and knows I feel bad.....[:D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler