Ohio Digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JGUIS

Reaction score
I've been digging since I was a kid, mostly because I live in an area with many disappearing towns and villages. People were scattered around the county, out in the middle of nowhere, most of the time with nothing more than a house, and a dump. The good thing about the area is the assortment of time periods you hit while digging. From native american pottery shards, to local soda bottles, to the many different potteries of the area. I'm working on a soda collection from Perry county, about 1/2 way there. I run across milk bottles quite often, but quite often, they're broken. I've also had good luck in old crawlspaces, basements, attics, and of course, under porches. Since most of the bigger landowners in the area have had their property handed down for the last 100 years, some of the bigger ones haven't moved. Anyone interested in checking out some out of the way spots this spring, let me know. I'm also looking for info on a soda bottle I pulled out of Buckeye Lake yesterday. It's embossed, ss, clear, thick heavy glass, marked Olt's Dayton, O. Pics are of one of my first fully intact dig finds.

Db85679.jpg

Attachments

• Db85679.jpg
    Db85679.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 74

KentOhio

Reaction score
What part of Ohio are you in? I'm near Akron.

lmtae2

Reaction score
LOL, right now the bottles are being dug for me at work.lol It's built on an old landfill and they are doing construction. It's working out great.

JGUIS

Reaction score
Lucky, lucky. That would be great, it looks like you found some really cool stuff. The weather could be alot better, but what are you gonna do? If you ever want any company out digging, (or just collecting in your case) :), give me a holler. Also, if you run across any Perry County soda bottles that you want to get rid of, let me know, I'm trying to finish a collection.
Josh

JGUIS

Reaction score
I just started a new dump, but almost everything is broken. Trying to locate the early spot, but it's being elusive in its 4 acre home. I found a few pharms and a couple whiskies, nothing to write home about. The best of the day turned out to be cracked bad after cleaning, and I was left with only a Mulo and a square ink for keeps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin