Old coke bottle NDNR - help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aimees

Reaction score
Good evening -

I was directed to this site by a member on the EB discussion board.

I came across a few old bottles last weekend but I have no knowledge of this type of product. They just looked interesting to me. I am looking to find out some more info (date, what type of bottle, value?) so I can decide whether to keep them or put them up for auction.

Thanks in advance!!

This coke bottle is textured and has straight sides. It states, "Contents One Pint" on the top and has a diamond on one side with the words Coca Cola Trademark and on the other side the word "Coke" in a diamond.

Bottom reads, "Not to be refilled, 14 CK 18779, a "1" in a circle, a "2" in a box, 67.

It has the remains of gold paint over some of it - not sure if this is original or was painted by a previous owner.

There are no chips or cracks.

1252358FDD0047E49AADDBBFAF0885BC.jpg

Attachments

• 1252358FDD0047E49AADDBBFAF0885BC.jpg
    1252358FDD0047E49AADDBBFAF0885BC.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 47

aimees

Reaction score
Thanks for the info - do you know if the gold paint is original or not? If not original, I'll remove it (it comes off fairly easily).

I only paid 50 cents for this bottle so even if get $5 on EB, I'll still be ahead of the game.

Thanks again!

MIdigger

Reaction score
The paint was someones doing. Ive dug a batch of those and always have been clear glass bottles. The 67 is the yr of mfg. They are pretty common bottles, but if the poster says 5-9 bucks thats great. Bottles are considered art in that theyre only worth what someone will pay for them. I am saving all mine up and hope to do a one time cashout.

Of course the world ends in 2012, and Im not ready to sell.....buy lottery tickets.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR