old grave yard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, want back to check out a old grave yard we found last spring. had found some older pieces of glass then. didn't find much to day, but did remember to take the camera. most of the grave stone still standing are dated mid 1800s. the area covers about an acre or more. it's located on a ridge on a hill. thanks for looking, rhona ps kinda of sad that it's been neglected

B07663CB1C414F58997E14E7E00D29C1.jpg

Attachments

• B07663CB1C414F58997E14E7E00D29C1.jpg
    B07663CB1C414F58997E14E7E00D29C1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 68

Digger George

Reaction score
hmmm a very strange place for a graveyard. DIG IT!
I was at a construction site in downtown Philly once. Construction workers were tearing up an old graveyard. We didn't know this at first. I was with Matt(Philabottles). We were picking up lots of bones among broken pontiled black glass bottle shards. Later we found out they were human bones. A clay lion whistle and a pewter ring were found that day. I believe there were many pontiled bottles picked up before we got there. If constunctions workers can dig up a graveyard why can't an amature archaeologist. I can't believe I just said that. DON'T DIG IT! IT WILL GIVE YOU BAD KARMA.

bikegoon

Reaction score
Boy, that turtle looks ticked off![:mad:]

I ran into a place like this On a hike thru E Kentucky, Interesting and spooky.

codd commando

Reaction score
Here in the uk you need an act of parliment to dig up or move a cemetary on consecrated ground.
Strangley a few quite large dumps have been dug right next to large grave yards mainley in the Manchester area of U.K. and one dump even proturde"s almost 50 yards into a modern grave yard!

richf

Reaction score
Hi Rhona!
This looks to be a rather isolated area for a cemetery, which could mean one thing - there were houses nearby at one time! It would probably be worth your while to check the entire area and it's a sure bet you'll find more signs of human habitation. Let me know what you find,
Rich

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles