Old Green Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
we hit some antique shops and I couldn't find a thing. We were going to take a drive up the coast of Maine but she wanted to hit a couple more shops in the area we were staying
It wouldn't have been one of the couple (hundred) shops up to the Yorks, would it?

GlassKeeper

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I thought it was a nice find even though I wasn't the one who found it. My brother and I will start hitting shops in Arundel and by the end of the day we will end up in Northwood N H., we won't even stop for lunch. We always like stopping and seeing Jeff at his bottle shop in York and talking with him for a while, to see how he is doing and if he has anything new in his collection. Thats what I like about collecting, all the people you meet. The only way I can have a bottle like that in my collection is to luck out. I would like to start digging, seems like It's easier finding an old arrowhead than it is finding an old bottle dump.

Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
seems like It's easier finding an old arrowhead than it is finding an old bottle dump.
I know of so many dumps. Most are on private or conservation land. I haven't dug in years. The area I grew up in was all native american until the early 1700's (there were scattered houses but mostly still native settlements) but I never found an artifact, not that I would have known it when I was 12.

GlassKeeper

Reaction score
Eric, the dumps around where I live have been pretty much picked over, I have to learn how to find new ones. I do have a metal detector I can use to find dumps just under the surface, it's just taking the time to research old maps. With arrowheads we look for plowed fields around water, then we look for slivers of quartz, chert or flint so we know they were knapping arrowheads. If we don't find any material, it's back to the car and on to the next field.

GlassKeeper

Reaction score
I would have had no problem paying a $100.00 either. After seeing them at bottle shows I never thought I would own one. I did tell my wife if I sold it I would split the profit with her, maybe thats why I don't want to see it go. Just kidding, I really like the glass!

Jim

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4