Old Lemonade Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stupot

Reaction score
Does anyone know the age of this bottle. I found it whilst diving in the North of Scotland.The glass is light green. The inscription is "HAY & SONS" "ABERDEEN". Its 220mm tall. There are moulding seams on the sides but they dont run through the neck. The stopper is made of wood and still has the rubber seal in place. I haven't cleaned it yet, its still got the marine growth on it just as I found it.

digcodd

Reaction score
Hi Bristol, ffursbit good to see you on here. I'd like to know what is happening over there !

deepee42

Reaction score
Can I join the party (diggerdave) seems mr grim was thrown off again thats all I know

ffursbit

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I noticed yesterday lunchtime that Grim had been given the boot, and all the vids had been removed. The administrator seemed to be ever so slightly aggrieved as well. Sadly, it does seem that the plug has been pulled once again.

ffursbit

Reaction score
Oops!!!!

We seem to have hijacked Stupot's thread.

Sorry Stupot.

It does sound like an aqua 1 pint capacity Internal Screw stopper beer/mineral water bottle. They are pretty common, with a nominal value. As Bristol said, they were in use well into the 20th. Century, although I would give an earlier date for their introduction to the trade. I think the stopper was invented in the late 1870's????

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4