old light bulb

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grtr0267

Reaction score
in with all the old bottles was a light bulb is it worth anything or should i just pitch it?

IRISH

Reaction score
G'day grtr0267.
Some of them may be worth something I really don't know, they are a common find in big city tips after 1900 here in Australia.
There was a display at a bottle show of a heap of different dug bulbs that still worked a few years ago.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey there grtr
Light bulbs can be valuable, it obviously depends upon the age and brand.[8|] Gee, just like bottles.[8D] Last year I found a large clear light bulb with great filaments in a ROCK-FILLED ditch that held an old dump. It caught my fancy, so I kept it, when I got home just for the fun of it. it put it in a lamp. Unbelievably, it lit up[:D]. Ifd you check my back posts, you'll find the thread we had as well as pictures of the bulb, lighted. I did a search on google and found a site dedicated to light bulbs. Mine was from 1920s +/-, and is woth about $30 to collectors. There's some people out there who repair the filaments in old bulbs to bring them back to light err, life![;)]

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i have dug an awfull lot of them from privies over the years and never thought they might still work!! i was in the bottom of a privy once ,about 6 feet down and dug up two intact chicken eggs. they were empty with no cracks and i must have moved at least a ton of dirt to get to the bottom , i was amazed to find them in one piece after 100 years under all that weight!!.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem