Old Mountain Dew bottle. I need Info!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jasonscootboy12

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows about this Mountain Dew bottle! I was jogging around Lake Carasaljo in Lakewood, NJ. The township of Lakewood used to be a very popular vacation area in the early 1900's, it was home to the Rockafellars and George Jay Gould's mansions.

But anyway, I found this bottle buried in the thick mud near the lake. I have looked everywhere for info about it, but I cannot find any on the bottle I have.

On one side it says "Mountain Dew" and under that it says "It'll tickle yore innards!"
On the other side it says "Mountain Dew" and has a picture of the hillbilly shooting a cork through his hat.

The lady in this post seems to have the same one as I do, but she also cannot find any info: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-97817/tm.htm

I cant get a good picture of the embossed part, but its the shape of the pepsi bottle in the link above if you scroll down.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
Jason, it sounds like you found a no deposit/no return bottle.
There are basically four types of those, two are short, squat like the Pepsi you saw, and there are two that are taller with more of a slender shoulder/neck. Each pair have their types with stippling, or raised bumps, either covering the whole bottle, or only on the upper and lower ends of the bottle away from the embossing.
Most folks feel they're worth about 5 bucks, a little higher on Ebay lately.
So, is this one the start of your bottle collection?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75