old olive green bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Toxic_Waste

Reaction score
This bottle has been around for so long I no longer remember where I even got it, but I THINK it was found in my grandfather's old barn. The only other possible place would have been a riverbed in North Carolina, where I found several old bottles from the days before erosion ate away at the banks and original structures alongside.

It is an olive green. almost 9" tall, with a deeply pontilled base, unless I am mixing up my descriptions of bases. Experts would surely know more than I do, that's why I am posting it here. As far as the lip goes, would this be called an applied lip with a collar? There is a small bit of melt under the collar.

There are many air bubbles throughout and seams that run once around the circumference and then one vertical seam on each side of the rounded "shoulders," that disappear where the actual neck begins.

The base reminds me of some old wine bottles that indent deeply, but this seems too small for a wine bottle. There is no embossing anywhere.

Ec87541.jpg

Picture cropped - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen