Old pickle jar??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LisaTammy

Reaction score
I know this is a weird question, but I have two pickle jars and I can't figure out how they got the pickles out. These are fairly small mouthed compared to the bottom lol.

glass man

Reaction score
LISA:I am guessing they would have a long thin fork to get the pickles out..just a guess.JAMIE

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Thanks glass man. I have heard of pickle forks now that I think of it.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It still depends on the size of the pickle, doesn't it?[:)]Pickle jar has become a generic term, the jar could have held about anything. I've seen some "pickle jars" that are large with labels that state olives.They also should maybe be classified as bottles also. It's like fruit jars, they are canning jars and not specifically for fruit. Come to thinking they aren't cans either, maybe preserving jars is better.Food for thought.[:D]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have four pickle jar bottles [ 2 in FL and 2 in NY, The are four different heights,o but of common design characteristics, Four panels, neck rings of glass and cap ring tops. Not to exiting - but unique. I used to help my Mother make gallons of pickles, but she never used those type of jars; she just used canning jars. RED M.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen