Old Portland Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
C & M bottling co Portland Ore
Rounded bottom Seam stops 1" short of rim, lots of small bubbles. Doe's anyone know how old it is?
Glen

Ec88619.jpg

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hey Humabdos -

That's a slug plate bottle (the info was printed on a metal plate and embossed on the bottle, the glass manufacturer would use these plates from different companies on the same bottle mold). I'd say it could go as late as the late teens. Try your local library (ask for the state business registers) to find more info on the company. Good luck!

drjhostetters

Reaction score
OK Glen,

You know I want that bottle...how much and be kind, I'm just an old old man trying to make a livin' and doing the best I can..(where have I heard that before?) I'll pay for the UPS charges...or if you want I'll be in Portland around the 23rd of August..maybe we could meet and have a cup of joe and fanangle (whatever that means) over the price....????

Let me know..ok?

The Doc...Dr J[X(]

Humabdos

Reaction score
Hi Doc,

That Portland bottle might be one of the only good bottles I have out of 250 bottles[:(]
I'm not in this for the money really (unless one of them is worth a $1,000,000)[:D]
I might conceder a trade but I don't know for what. Do you have any old milk bottles with a smiling baby on it?[&:]
Glen

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Woody...
Darn...thought I had an original thought and the bases for a great song lyric....I must have missed that year...snicker snicker[:D].

Sorry Glen...I can't afford that $1,000,000 this month...already spent my allowance on bottles...Momma says ..."No more!"

I have a couple of milk bottles...but no pics except maybe a cow or barn or somethin....maybe I could freehand a pic of a baby on one for you? Sure would like too have that Portland bottle...[8D]

Peace, love, and Hippy Beads...The Doc..DR J...[X(]

Humabdos

Reaction score
I want to do some more research on it. Their are several Bottle clubs in Portland who might be able to nail down the age and tell me more about C&M Bottling Co. Also I don't know what it's worth. I'm learning a lot about bottles! I got the Antique trader ID and price guide today. I'm driving my wife CRAZY![;)] I've gone through most of them and got out the old one's.
I also have a good lead on a dig site on an old farm up by Silverton. Can't wait !!! got the old bottle fever big time!!!
Glen

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen