Old Spice Jar?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

24tesla

Reaction score
I have what I think is an old spice jar. Lid has a star shape made from small holes, and a little slide lever to close off the holes. No markings.

null_zpsf3f5c767.jpg

null_zpsd9c3f6b6.jpg

Thanks in advance.

glass man

Reaction score
I will have to say little or no money value..maybe a dollar tops..as for the make I don't understand the question..sorry...if you mean who made it unless there are some markings on the bottom or some where hard to say..age? 30's -40's maybe.Maybe some one else can add more but don't know how.

Does the lid screw off?Any way welcome to the forum!! JAMIE

botlguy

Reaction score
Jamie / glass man is correct in that we would need to see if there are any identifying letters on the bottom / base to identify the maker. I think the item was part of a set used in a Kitchen Queen, Hoosier Cabinet or some such table / cabinet combination used in a kitchen from late 1800s to the 1930s or so. We have one in our home that includes canister jars somewhat similar to yours. The flat area was for a label to identify the contents. Our larger jars have SUGER & COFFEE embossed. I think the value is a bit more than Jamie's estimate, especially for your more ornate top / lid / closure. My thinking is more like $10 - 15, especially if someone can use it to complete a set or upgrade. It might even bring more in just the right venue.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR