Old Toy truck American Railway Express any ideas??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

privvydigger

Reaction score
I emailed the Buddy L Museum for free appraisal or purchase. They give you a free appraisal and offer to buy it.
Hey said "appears repainted and appraised it at $200 bucks" offered to buy it for that price
I wonder whether I've been taken or trying to be taken

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
My old "partner in crime" from Fling Vacations is married to a toy guy. Stadenauer, I think, is his name. I'll email her a picture & see if she can find out.

capsoda

Reaction score
That green squat I posted earlier, I liked it but this truck is kool

And triumphantly the KID shines through another person!!!!! There is hope for us all.

Looks like the frame (red part) was touched up. Regardless of what you hear there are professionals who redo the finish on those things and it doesn't hurt the value one bit.
I've been to couple of toy shows and it is just too much pressure on the brain and stresses the heart to the max. They won't let you play with anything!!!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
My friend's husband doesn't deal in trucks - she suggested asking at the Allentown Antique Toy Show at the Fairgrounds - November 7 from 9-3. Could also try the toy show at Awkscht Fescht in Macungie - especially if you like old cars...July 31-Aug2 - toy show is Saturday. Musikfest in Bethlehem starts that weekend too.
http://www.awkscht.com/toyshow.html

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
I think the truck is awsome. I love it and would be proud to own it. I also think You shouldnt care what its worth. You traded for it because you liked it. Thats what real collecting is. collect what you like.....thats what we were always taught. And i agree. How much pleasure does it bring you? We as collectors have certian things in our collection that other people would stick their nose up at. I have a TOC med collection with over two hundred different ones. Years ago most diggers wouldnt even bring them home.I love'em

The truck still retains its original decal, most of it looks original. It may have been touched up a little, but who knows when? Maybe some dad did it for his grandson? It only adds to the charm. As far as having some restoration to it? I am always against restoration unless its a wreck. Most collectors want items in their original state.(or as close to)

I say you got what you wanted and he got what he wanted. great dal for each....Oh btw....How much did the squat cost you?....You dug it right?.....exactly.

Its funny, Bottles is one of the few areas of collecting where cleaning or refinishing the "antique" is acceptable. some people I know have every single bottle they dig or own cleaned. Then I know a few diggers who like their bottles just the way they come out of the ground and think its a crime to tumble a bottle.Excludeing chips, cracks or repairs how important is it to you for your bottles to be a "clean" as possible?

I sure hope that certian someone chimes in own this subject. YO! Leprachaun where you at?

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Privydigger, Nice trade. I collect old Tonkas and Buddy L steel trucks.It looks like the paint is pretty original. Maybe a frame touch up.The trucks I collect are from the late1940`s to the early 1970`s and only go up to around $200.00 tops.Thats all I can afford.If I had the money, I`d offer you somewhere in the range of $475.00- $775.00. All depending on condition and originality.The older trucks like the one you have are built very tough, as I`m sure you noticed.I`m no expert, but I think you made out well.Thats a very nice piece!

71944AD072DF4DB1BF4AD04F9197BC8E.jpg

Attachments

• 71944AD072DF4DB1BF4AD04F9197BC8E.jpg
    71944AD072DF4DB1BF4AD04F9197BC8E.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 72

privvydigger

Reaction score
Load...
I most recently got information that assures me of this unique old classic.
The man that gave him the truck died in the 1970s at 85 plus years old.. He said it was his from when he was a boy.......Down his cellar along time......Even if it was touched up the structural integrity of the truck is a 10....hardly any rust....no missing parts....original decals......its a duck.
thx
for
all
the
reply's
privvydigger

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members