old wire bail Wood Brook, Plainsfield, NJ half pint milk

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

galactus

Reaction score
Hello All: It has been a while since I have been on the site. I have recently began collecting a little here and there and remembered this site. I just want to relate a story, and maybe see if anyone else may have ran into another one like this. Sorry, no photo. Years ago, I found a half pint milk bottle that was embossed, "Wood Brook Plainsfield, N.J." The bottle was 'terrifically' thick. It did not have the enclosure, just the remnant of wire around the neck. Unfortunately, I lost this bottle years ago due to stupidity. I have searched this dairy and can not locate any that resemble this one. It looked older than the others I have seen that took the paper insert. Is anyone familiar with the history of this dairy?.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
I had the exact same bottle a few years ago minus the bail around the neck. I sold mine for $30 and was told by a Plainfield collector that it was pretty rare.

galactus

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I thought it would be kind of rare due to the wire bail and how thick the glass was. I accidentally sold it in a lot of cheaper bottles I had sitting around. It got mixed up in them. What was interesting is that it was found years ago around an old farm in Bedford Co. Pa. Alas, I have not saw another.

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide