One more milk jug, but my first

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Rockfish

Reaction score
Good evening,
I found this one on the surface. Everything around it was broken into pieces. What is its worth, any idea?

If10810.jpg

bubbas dad

Reaction score
rockfish
i know very little about milkbottles, but i would say thats a keeper just because of the great embossing
john

Yooper14

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just learning about milk bottles. It all has to do with collectability. If someone collects that style, dairy, or town, they'll pay top dollar for it - especially in quart size like that! Of course rarity determines a lot as well. Look it up on the internet. If you find very little about it, odds are it's more rare, and you can bill it that way in an auction.
For example, I just sold a half-pint milk bottle for $92.00. It all had to do with rarity and availability. But of course this is the basic situation for all bottles. I have found that older milk bottles with embossing are very collectable and typically bring in a decent price.
I would also suggest digging around where you found the bottle, or do more walking in the area. I often find milk bottles on wood margins near old farms. They would pile them just off the field. Many would be buried and may survive, while the ones on top were used as targets for BB guns (that's what I did when I was little!!) and such.
Yooper

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Rockfish, Nice Find [8D]! I have yet to find any embossed milks.
Hey Yooper, I bet now you wish you had not shot-up those milk bottles [&:]!

Tony14

Reaction score
I showed my dad this milk and he said that they used to drop embossed milks just like that off the roof of their two story house for fun[&:]. Very nice find by the way.

Rockfish

Reaction score
Yooper, Thanks for the info. Tony, nice story, thanks for sharing everyone. I'll post again when I find out more about it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR