One of the rarest historical political bottles known.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
They responded to my question and it added to the list but neither confirm nor deny the yellow.[8|]
It's still an interesting bottle, I just don't know what to make of it.

Bixel

Reaction score
Im my honest opinion, and I am by no means an expert, but I believe that the lip has been repaired. Its just that maybe the lighting you would see some yellow in one picture, and dismiss it if it wasnt in the other pictures, but the yellowing is in every picture.

Very odd if you ask me.

I think some buyer may be dissapointed when they receive this bottle.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
They seem to give a reasonable guarantee. If the buyer pays by credit card they should be safe. I wouldnt be concerned buying it.
It would certainly be a disappointment to buy it and then have to send it back.

THOMAS1967

Reaction score
Seems odd that the bottle would be repaired with a chipped top.Assuming the top was replaced.Why bother replacing the top at all, if your just gonna have damaged repair???[&:]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Not sure I understand your question? Rare bottles are commonly repaired. Some very well, some not so well.
For some bottles the only one you may see in a decade may be a damaged example.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Seems odd that the bottle would be repaired with a chipped top.Assuming the top was replaced.Why bother replacing the top at all, if your just gonna have damaged repair???
It wouldn't be unless it was meant to look older. Also, if the repair was made 40 or more years ago it could have been bumped since. I'm not saying that's what happened though, I'm still not sure it has been replaced.
It's is a cool bottle.
It's been holding steady at $2551 but still has 3½ hrs to go. I'd guess another grand out of it anyway.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
2 hours plus to go and still holding at 2551. Wish I had an extra $500 to try to pick up the barrel ink, but Keene is only two weeks away...

Jim G

THOMAS1967

Reaction score
I understand rare bottles are commonly repaired.I also understand it could have been repaired 40 years ago and bumped at some point.What doesn`t make sense would be to repair a bottle with a chipped top.Your repairing the bottle regardless, why put a chipped top on it.It doesn`t make sense.I personally think the bottle is original, not repaired and simply has a chip from when the cork was pried out.There is a slight yellow tint to some of the other areas of the bottle.The pontil and corners.Someone got a very desireable and rare bottle for a good price..
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

Not sure I understand your question? Rare bottles are commonly repaired. Some very well, some not so well.
For some bottles the only one you may see in a decade may be a damaged example.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
One reason to repair a bottle using a chipped top would be if that was the original top to the bottle and it was broken off.
I agree that if you were using a scavenged top, an intact one would be prefered.
I am in no way implying the bottle in the auction is damaged. I cant tell from the photos.

THOMAS1967

Reaction score
Good point, I would agree that using the original top for a repair would be the obvious choice(damaged or not).I wasn`t questioning your post, I was simply replying to the post in general, not to your comment.I just hit the post reply button and yours happened to be the post before mine.Regardless, its a great bottle I wish I could add to my collection some day..[;)]
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

One reason to repair a bottle using a chipped top would be if that was the original top to the bottle and it was broken off.
I agree that if you were using a scavenged top, an intact one would be prefered.
I am in no way implying the bottle in the auction is damaged. I cant tell from the photos.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1