One Quart Embros Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mvande13

Reaction score
I have an interesting bottle from a collection and am curious about it's age, history and value. I suspect that it is from th 1950s or 1960s because that it what seems to be the age of most of the collection. This bottle is clear, 11 inches tall, and has a smooth bottom with an embossed 's' in a circle as well as an embossed '7. ' The bottom is 4 inches in diameter. The seams go from the bottom to the top of the lip. It had a screw on lid. The bottle is the shape of a man sitting on a barrel (the barrel is not between his legs and the man's hands are gripping his vest. It has the word 'EMBROS' embossed on the front and back of the barrel. 'CONTENTS-ONE QUART' is also embossed on the front of the base of the bottle. The bottle is in good condition ( no staining or chips. ) I did a search for the word 'embros' thinking it might be a wine but could find nothing. Any information would be appreciated.

Lj21334.jpg

Attachments

• Lj21334.jpg
    Lj21334.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 69

David E

Reaction score
I have two S in circle but not much info on them.
one the S in circle is kind of a fat S 1914 to 1951
one the S is just a regular S in a circle. 1914 to 1951 Swindell

I also found a picture that looks like yours except the hat seems black and maybe a lighter black body (see any old black paint on yours) And facing bottom at the front shows a label.It is a man with a hat with arms held upwards.

McAllisters Mockingbird food, Aqua 7" $2.00 to $4.00 in old book.

Dave

David E

Reaction score
Sorry, bad photo but taken from book

Ig13814.jpg

Attachments

• Ig13814.jpg
    Ig13814.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 65

mvande13

Reaction score
Dave,

Thanks for responding. The picture you sent is very similar as far as the figure is concerned. Mine has no black at all on that bottle though. It is clear glass. The S in the circle could very well be Swindell as you said. I've not been able to find any thing on several searches on this bottle. I did find that Embros is a Greek word that I think is a greeting such as Hello, so I thought maybe that is where the bottle came from but since it says 1 quart I have to believe that it is from an American manufacturer. I'm surprised that with almost 100 hits that no one else has any other comments. I'm not a collector but would have liked to have gotten a little history. I guess I will put it up on e-bay to see what it brings. Then I'll know if it has any value.

mvande13

Reaction score
I've had this bottle on this site and had 209 views and only one reply as to a good guess with any information on it. It seems no one has any ideas about it so I have listed today on e-bay and will see if any interest. If you would like to place a bid go to e-bay and look under seller mvande13 or search under bottles & insualtors.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Here's one listed on Rubylane site...

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/needfulthings/ilist/,id=0,page=2.html

I think (from reading a bit on Google) that EMBROS is Greek for hello...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen