One Room Schoolhouses

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

historyhunter

Reaction score
Dug two 4-5 foot test holes today. First one I saw a glistening of 20-30s glass on top. First 1-2 feet were rusty and glass chunks and even had a nice rock with a lot of mortarish material on it. All 20-30s glass though. Deeper was nothing. Other suspect spot was clean the whole way. Went back inside to notice that the whole inside was rebricked and paintedover. The window holes are completely bricked over and nothing in way of fireplace. Oh well. I have not counted it out.

olddog21

Reaction score
Your building looks like a telephone company central office. All the switchgear for the community telephone system was located in the building. A local telephone company built one about like yours in 1996 to appease a local historical society.
Inside the building there will be some openings in the floor or sidewalls so that cable could be routed into the building. There should be some bolt holes in the floor where the frames holding the siwtch gear was mounted. At one point there were big battery jars located in the front, next to the door of the building, suppling power to the system. Depending on the age of the age of the switchgear , there could be heavy copper cables buried around the building serving as a ground field to prevent stray voltage from damaging the gear.

I used to inspect these buildings for an insurance company. I have been in a lot of them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75