opened up a stone liner

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
A good many years ago in Cincinnati there was a fellow who was digging I believe a privy and it collapsed and buried him , he died before anyone could do anything to save him . I have dug in a privy that was bull dozed off a hill in Cincinnati a good many years ago , regretfully only about two feet of it was left , heart breaking although we did find a few pontiled bottles . I have always wanted to dig a deep privy in Cincy but have always been leary of getting down deep into one . Without having to say a word , I would think everyone knows it is a dangerous undertaking no matter where or what area it is I would think .

KBbottles

Reaction score
Im going to ignore any back and forth attacks... Wow! 30+ feet sounds insane. The deepest woody ive dug hasnt been over 8 feet, if that. And even the philly brickys i occasionally get to partake in haven't been too deep. Never realized the other really serious dangers of going too deep and am appreciative of this post for bringing up some of the issues.

Now, can we all please be respectful and civil toward each other? After all, this is a site to share enjoyable and informative information on our unique hobby of bottle digging and collecting. We all share a common passion here so let's all get along! Life is too short to hold grudges and argue!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: KBbottles

Now, can we all please be respectful and civil toward each other? After all, this is a site to share enjoyable and informative information on our unique hobby of bottle digging and collecting. We all share a common passion here so let's all get along! Life is too short to hold grudges and argue!

Or if that doesn't work call on MR Green works every time[:-]--------->

2E24E32CD32E4E739C8DB7F2EE7F85A6.jpg

Attachments

• 2E24E32CD32E4E739C8DB7F2EE7F85A6.jpg
    2E24E32CD32E4E739C8DB7F2EE7F85A6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 86

sandchip

Reaction score
Would still like to see what shoring systems everybody uses, and how/where to get them, that is if it can be done without disclosing where the hell everybody is digging![:D]

Basil.W.Duke

Reaction score
lol at rick....that is one fine green button for sure. Is it open pontiled or improved

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter