Opinions about what I guess is a rare bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shiningpath

Reaction score
I don't know anything about rare bottles but I have found one that I think has to be rather unique. It is a completely, and I stress COMPLETELY, empty bottle labeled "Cocaine Hydrochloride". I found the bottle in an old pharmacy that had been in existence since the 1930's or earlier and has sense closed down. My intention is to display the bottle on a table at my mother's house in a room that we all call "The Antique Room" however I have no idea if this bottle is actually an antique or if it is even rare for that matter. I was wondering if anyone here has knowledge about pharmaceutical bottles and could help me determine what exactly it is I found. Naturally, when I saw the word "cocaine" I assumed that this is a pretty old item but I don't have any way of knowing and my Google searches have landed me here, at this website. If anyone could help, that would be great, I can take some pictures if need be and give much more detail about the bottle.

Thanks
SPOL

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, pic's are always the best way to get help here and yes Cocaine bottles are good collectibles when original. Even "Fake" bottles with Cocaine labels sell on E-Bay for good money....Jim

shiningpath

Reaction score
Well, no matter what I try with 3 different cameras I can not take a photo of this bottle that isn't extremely blurry. Well, here's the best one hopefully someone can tell what it is.

CC1AB1334C7C473FA3E64DADF3570072.jpg

Attachments

• CC1AB1334C7C473FA3E64DADF3570072.jpg
    CC1AB1334C7C473FA3E64DADF3570072.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 79

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
You need to swich your camera mode to MACRO mode to get a close up.
The lid style appears fairly late. Maybe 1930s to 1950s?

LC

Reaction score
Being on the subject of cocaine , is oil of poppy cocaine ? I have a small fancy heavy paper container put away in a box somewhere that has oil of poppy on it . I picked it was years ago and at that time thought it to be quite old . Its in a box of bottles that has not seen the light of day in the attic for ages .

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
its probably just poppy seed oil.
Not a controlled substance.
Cocaine doesnt come from poppies. Its from coca leaves.
opium is in a latex like sap that leaks out of the damaged poppy plants.

shiningpath

Reaction score
I can't find an option on either of my cameras that says "Macro" mode or whatever, any other suggestions?

Thanks

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I can't find an option on either of my cameras that says "Macro" mode or whatever, any other suggestions?

get out the manual.

Virtually any digital camera has a macro mode. Its needed for the autofocus to work at close range.
The universal symbol for macro mode is a tulip looking flower if that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology