Opinions on this 1/2 Pint Flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlenut

Reaction score
Hello everyone, and Happy New Year to ya. While out and about today, I took a chance on this pretty little 1/2 Pint Flask. I thought surely I could find something about it in McKearin Wilsons, American Bottles And Flasks, but after looking through it for awhile I came up empty. Here's the lowdown on the bottle. It stands just shy of 6" tall, has what looks to me to be a sheared, and polished lip. The base is smooth, with a slight concave oval in the center. The sides are made up of three vertical ribs. One side has a Hunter, with his rifle on his right side, and in his other hand is holding what looks to me to be a rabbit. he has a fancy hat, and button up jacket, and it looks like a satchel on his side. On the reverse are two Laural? branches, one going up vertically on each side. It looks like an American Flask to me in form, and glass crudity, however it may be European. If anybody knows of this flask being listed anywhere I would like the info including The McKearin # if there is one. Check out the pictures for more detail. These were the best I could get.

5180D3853A2A4FACB826F0F1BC15603D.jpg

Attachments

• 5180D3853A2A4FACB826F0F1BC15603D.jpg
    5180D3853A2A4FACB826F0F1BC15603D.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 64

botlenut

Reaction score
One more thing. There is a little base wear on the points it rests on, as well as a bit of high point wear. Thanks for your opinions.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I doubt American, the neck is too tall and other signs for a usual American bottle. I'd guess English or French. I can't really see the base but my guess would be 1870-90. I don't know but maybe deepblue does.
It's very nice even if a fake. I do know that repro's were made in other countries. I have no idea how prolific they were with it.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
A novice opinion here, but it seems to have quite a slender base compared to the historicals I've seen..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles