Other types of collections other than bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals how's everybody doing? Well, i was wondering if anybody else had other collections/hobbies aside from bottles? I have acquired a small collection of buttons-mostly considered vintage but neat nonetheless-anyway I was wondering if anybody else here knew any useful links or information on something like that, and also am curious as to what else does anybody here collect?

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
I hope my asking about other collections/hobbies other than bottles wasn't an insult to this forum and it's members!!?? No harm intended! I love this site! Was just curious:)

epackage

Reaction score
It's all good, you'll be getting responses come evening I suspect...[;)]

LC

Reaction score
Ar one time I collected pocket knives , metal lunchboxes , gas and oil , trains , old table radios , transistor radios , Matchbox cars and pretty much anything that caught my eye . Would like to find someone that actually had money , would like to sell the lunchbox and gas and oil collections .

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
Lol thanks, didn't wanna be blacklisted or anything for possibly disrespecting the forum! I've just noticed with alot of the collectors I've met recently, most tend to have other collections as well. The one had KISS memorabilia, another had marbles,coins,and old books, and a few other things. I'm just interested to see what kinds of other things everybody here might be interested in;-)

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
Wow! That's alot of different collections there!! I hear ya on the money thing! Lol I don't think anybody really has any of that these days!!! Good luck though! I'll keep an eye out for ya:)

epackage

Reaction score
I collect everything from Paterson NJ, not just bottles. I used to collect Royal Doulton Character Jugs, in fact I had the largest collection of them east of the Mississippi, then I sold the whole thing to a collector in the UK...

jamieyohnPA

Reaction score
did you regret selling it after you did? I've sold a few things because I've needed the money and wanted to beat myself up afterwards,lol. I'll never do that again no matter how broke I am!!

epackage

Reaction score
No I didn't, they had no real ties to me or my family as does my Paterson collection, and the return on my investment was great...

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I was a collector of things as far back as I can remember.. some of my earlier pursuits were coins and stamps, but also remember having a large collection of Cicada shells.. wish I had a pic of that..! I collected bird nests for a while, until I got lice from them.. [:'(] ..I have some antique books, an almost complete collection of Nat Geo maps, a couple fossils and weird beach finds, kinda whatever comes my way until I find a good excuse to pass it on to the next owner.. but bottles always was and always will be my #1 hobby..!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli