out house

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

preditor

Reaction score
My brother recently rented a house that has a 2 seater in the back yard.
not quite comfortable with digging in a toilet though. it looks like its full with dirt or SOMETHING!!! how deep do these things usually go and are they really worth digging.

THanks Preditor

maineahh62

Reaction score
hello preditor, lol.. i had so much fun reading your post i had to respond, and fun in a good way[:)], you sound like you are not to fond of this idea, and really in the year 2004 who can blame you, i have to admit i have yet to be lucky enough to come across the opportunity to dig a privy, but i would if i had the chance, i would look at it as another opportunity to make another great find, all the excitment involved would certainly be worth it, a light mask and some glove's may give you some extra comfort in digging in a "toilet" lol. but i think in the end you will have had another great adventure in bottle hunting, here is a link from the search menu from above it will give you some good reading from some of the members who have dug a privy, good luck and happy digging. and as alway's never dig a privy alone if you can help it.

post a pic of your privy

privy dig

greenpoison

Reaction score
anyone-

I am a new at this. In my neighbors woods I have come across a hole in the ground.
Its not that wide, and from 20 feet or so you probably would not notice it. However, around noon or there abouts when the sun is at the right angle, you can see in. It gets a bit wider inside, and it appears to be about 8 feet deep, before the soil and leaves. It's walls are brick. I have no idea what it might have been used for, but as I learn more about collecting bottles, I think maybe it could have been a privy???

So my questions are, is it really a privy? and whatever it is/was, do you think it would be worth digging?

madman

Reaction score
these are both worth checking out, but be carefull never dig alone, have fun thats what its all about !! mike

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
a 2 seater i think ment its a saloon or hotel crap house!............those were not usual among the family house privys,........
or it could of been one of the first Men's/Woman's bathroom....

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
GreenPoison!!!!!! - DO NOT DIG ALONE ON SOMTHING THAT YOU HAVE DESCRIBED!
NOT ONLY CAN THE WALLS CAVE IN ON YOU BUT IT COULD GO DOWN TO 25FT AND MORE!.......
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK A MEMBER UNDER THE DIGGING FORUM I WOULD!!!!!!
BE CARFULL!,CARRY A CELLPHONE!,ALWAYS TELL SOMEONW HERE YOUR GOING AND WHEN YOU WILL BE BACK!.....
ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!!!!!!

greenpoison

Reaction score
WhiteLightning-

Thanks for the safty advise!!!

I am looking forward to it warming up a bit,
all this reading about digging, I'm ready to get out there and start!

-gp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday