Out prospecting part 2

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Andyf

Reaction score
Well it rained all day, so I didn't dig. I went walking to find new sites...I got soaked to the skin. Still, it's always good to be out breathing fresh air.

Found a fantastic site. The "fill" on the right of the wall is all dump material. Lots of glass in it. There was a house on the opposite side of the track. Guess they just walked across and threw over the wall....

Problem is I won't get permission for this one, so it'll not get dug by me. Shame, it looks so easy...

By76611.jpg

Andyf

Reaction score
It's a "Country park", i.e. forest trails laid out for tourists and walkers. It's owned by a large corporation, so not much chance of permission. I'm going to give it a shot though, I don't think any harm can come from it.

I was there for twenty minutes or so in pouring rain and stil about ten people walked past on the track...

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Andy, use the public service approach.

Cleaning up potentally dangerous garbage for FREE.

So that people can enjoy the beauty of the area in a clean park and don't forget to mention it is for FREE.

Keep in mind that corporations love the word FREE.

Andyf

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going in on the "history/conservation" angle " Hey, good publicity by supporting research into the history of all the farms you stole" ... hmmm... maybe I'll rethink that....

"Hey, good publicity by supporting research into the history of the landscape that you look after so well. Put it in your newsletter, put it on your web site people will LIKE you, and stop hating you for all the price increases you just did"....hmmm..it's almost there but it's not quite right yet....[:)]

I'll work on, it's annoying standing on a treasure heap really really wanting to dig...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikis1981