Railroad Dicks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Today I thought why not go back to that old dump down the big hill by the railroad tracks. The neighboring businesses had fenced me out, so I hadda go the long way, park at a building that was for sale, and walk down the tracks to that hole in the fence and cut over. A long slog in the heat.

Those railroad guys had done some work and dozed out what had been a promising looking little hillock and deposited a big load of stone, ties and track, for some repairs down the line. Yep, active line, old part of town.

Didn't do any good, got called to pick up some stuff as I was scratching away. Dilly dallied a bit and started to walk back out.

Uh-oh, there was a blacked out Crown-Vic parked right by the crossing where I had walked in.

As I crossed the tracks and reached "his" side, he pulled out into the street, blocking it, got out with gun drawn. He ordered me to drop the clam rake and my bag, back up and get on the ground.

Okay, I'm backing up and slowly getting down, cuz I'm old and have a messed up back. He's annoyed and pushes my head down in the weeds. Knee in the back and the other across my calves, and now he's fooling with the cuffs, I'm not putting my arms behind my back in the proper way, I gotta reverse wrist position.

Well he gets that first cuff on my left wrist, and really tightens it to the bone, right cuff is nice and loose. Comfy, almost...[8D]
I tell him I've got a bad back, and start slowly to get up with hands cuffed behind me. My glasses remain in the weeds, along with my hat and stuff. He puts me in the back of the Crown-Vic.

I cannot see his badge. Up comes the Official Railroad Cop in a shiny Jeep. Flashers are flashing. They're having a big discussion and looking at my stuff. The RR Cop is a young guy, and he's putting on the blue latex gloves.

The guy that hooked me up comes over and wants to know who I am and what I'm doing.

I tell him, and he goes away. It's really nice in the back of that Ford with the windows all closed and the hard plastic seats...

Now he wants to know, will I tell him about "my partner in crime,"

"Who, " I say...

He says, "That guy over there, who waved at you."

"What?" said I.

"If I wanted to get a lot of evasive crap outta you," mumble mumble, walk away.

He then came back over, and started fishing in my breast pocket and took my Starbucks card.

"Have you got any better ID then this?"

"Yes," I say, "in my back pocket."

Now, he pulls me out, turns me around and takes my wallet out. Doesn't wanna hear about the cuff being too tight.

"Credit cards," he reads them, "We don't need these, won't take them from you," takes driver's license and puts my wallet in the back window well. Grabs clipboard, and goes to run my record with the young RR cop.

They now drive me over to my truck. They want permission to search it.

"Do I have any tools or weapons in my truck?"

"I've got plenty of tools, no weapons," sez I.

The young guy opens the back and side door, looks around and closes her back up. He got a good look at some lesser glass, and assorted shovels, probes, and scratchers. And bug spray.

I then got un-cuffed and got the lecture about trespassing. Thefts in the area. A serial killer & rapist traversing these same tracks...

Then we were "buddies" and they're telling ,me which company to go ask permission from. The young railroad cop is telling me about a country flea market where I can buy some bottles, "Fifty cents, a piece!"

The guy that took me down was a private cop. Security for the local businesses that weren't closed, and had seen my truck before.

I told them I was sorry to have troubled them, and that they won't ne seeing me again...

My left hand is still semi-numb, better than an hour later.

1773178-L.jpg

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Wow Surf!!!,....That's at least the second story I remember you posting about over zealous security cops! Sorry to hear about your rough and undignified "guilty till proven innocent" experience! Hope you can find some solitude and peace in your quest for bottles. Made me think of Earnest Borgnine as the railroad bull, chasing Lee Marvin, in "Emporer of the North Pole"

4C46B9AF5656458F94BDA2549B0A0023.jpg

Attachments

• 4C46B9AF5656458F94BDA2549B0A0023.jpg
    4C46B9AF5656458F94BDA2549B0A0023.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 92

rockbot

Reaction score
Darn! that is incredible Surf. That was very suspenseful! you could write some good mystery stories! lol

On a more serious note, I hope your back and wrist is all right. Boy I don't know how I would have handled that. yikes.[&:]

epackage

Reaction score
Should have gone Cobra Kai on his ass...Sweep the Leg !!!!!

D39D35A24D1D4DEEA321232299BB192D.jpg

Attachments

• D39D35A24D1D4DEEA321232299BB192D.jpg
    D39D35A24D1D4DEEA321232299BB192D.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 79

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
Very interesting story.... security guards in PA do not have arresting authority; the ones who drive around in blacked out Crown Vics are nothing but trouble!

surfaceone

Reaction score
6020734084_905f1a3318_z.jpg

Not quite as red or hot pink as it is in real life.

I dunno what it is with me. I definitely didn't "belong" in the area as the private cop repeatedly pointed out.

Yer right Joe, this is the second time I've had an unpleasant encounter with private security officers, who, in my humble opinion, wielded their badges and guns in unnecessarily punitive manners.

I wouldn't want their jobs, but wish that they would take a less Sands of Iwo Jima approach to this old digger. I'm just glad they're not issued bayonets. [8D]

14988_0020_1_lg.jpg

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Surf,
Sorry they roughed you up. That was uncalled for. Its too bad that there are so many murderes and rapists on the loose that companies have to get private security to try and catch them.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Surf glad they didnt pistol whip you and make you confess.When I got up earlier this morning and I quickley scanned the new posts as I sometimes do the term Railroad Dicks kinda stood out in the posts as I scrolled up and down for the newest greatest thoughts.I said to my self Charlie and the other moderators wouldnt allow this post would they? I wiped my eyes a second time and yes it was still there Railroad Dicks stood out like a turd in a punch bowl.

I said no maybe the poster meant this............. Railroad Ducks............... yeah thats it ............Railroad Ducks................ a simple typo anyone can do it, why we also have all the qutesy animal lovers here on the forum it had to be one of them posting about Railroad Ducks....................................yeah thats it shew, I thought it meant summpin else.Steve get your mind out of the gutter..................

089DFF14C4124460A3CB51C6F289FA67.jpg

Attachments

• 089DFF14C4124460A3CB51C6F289FA67.jpg
    089DFF14C4124460A3CB51C6F289FA67.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 89

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
But I was wrong ..............then I thoght the poster of this thread meant...... Railroad Picks..... you know the kind to break up the dirt with................Yeah thats it yeah yeah .............Railroad Picks................. someone was probably using a railroad pick to dig bottles with and was telling everyone about it.
Sure that makes sense.....................................................

3423F127E8214EA4BEF45432B20527B7.jpg

Attachments

• 3423F127E8214EA4BEF45432B20527B7.jpg
    3423F127E8214EA4BEF45432B20527B7.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 87

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
But I was wrong again.........................What could the poster of this thread really have meant to say to all of us. Did he mean Railroad Dykes?
No.....................what the heck was I thinking anyway.Railroad Dykes......................................

92B392F6FD0B48AD9E2493E134404817.jpg

Attachments

• 92B392F6FD0B48AD9E2493E134404817.jpg
    92B392F6FD0B48AD9E2493E134404817.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 82

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member