Railroad Dicks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
"Also, curious how they left your glasses in the weeds so you could not read their names on their badges."
-Redginger

Yeah that bothered me too, I hope you got your specs back, Surf!

Jim

Reaction score
That sucks, Surf. Glad you're OK. The security cop was WAY out of line with the way he treated you. Actions like the ones he took would only have been justified if you had attacked him first. You didn't.

I'm no fan of trial lawyers, but Mr. Overzealous would have already heard from one had he done that to me (provided I hadn't broken his nose first). Sure, I would pay the fine for trespassing on railroad property, but he would have much bigger legal problems than that. ~Jim

surfaceone

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your concern!

I'm ok, still a little stiff & sore. Noticed I've got a right wrist hickey too.

6026249533_7ab0fae35f_z.jpg

The way I'm looking at it is that the first wrong was mine. I was trespassing. I certainly think that the private cop was wrong and over reacted. Still don't know if he was private for sure, as his badge was shaped just like the legitimate cops'.

I don't currently have the funds for any recreational suing. Nor am I so inclined. My "case," I think would very likely be considered frivolous. I'm taking it as one of life's little lessons...

He did say, while trying to stuff me in the back of the Crown Vic, that. "They had spent over $1000 in 'time' trying to catch up to me." In retrospect, if legitimate policemen, I'd think they'd be able to get that information from running my plates. Don't know if private or RR cops can access that kind of information though.

As far as I can determine, there is NO active or suspected serial killer operating anywhere in the city. Me thinks that they were dispensing some major BS along with their Trespassing Lecture.

The Railroad Dick, for sure did say that the Railroad NEVER gave out permissions.

I'm a bit sad that this dump is pretty much a lost cause now. I do know another way in that would require getting permission from a county agency that is so top heavy with useless bureaucrats, that it would be next to impossible to find anyone who's purview would be granting permissions to dump dig. I've tried that before with another county agency, and gave up after being referred to the 3rd separate office that had no clue who to refer me to.

It is to LOL, Steve...

92B392F6FD0B48AD9E2493E134404817.jpg

Oh, Steve, wrist color aside, I think I'm closer to Otis reincarnated then Dennis.

tumblr_libv3s94ij1qhq1yeo1_400.jpg
These Arms of Mine

ArmyDigger

Bottle digger, collector, and military historian
Reaction score
I've always heard railroad cops are generally bad the first place I heard it from was the youtuber Aquachigger. Thankfully I've never came across one in my travels.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26