Outhouses or privy's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

airborne

Reaction score
Where I come from they are called outhouses so thats what I call them. I found 2 old outhouses that were in use in the early 1900s. I looked in both of them and they are not deep. Both are caving in because they are falling apart. I guess the only way to know if there is anything worth while is to get in there and start digging??? I find this site most interesting, put together very well also. I live in NE Pa. and just recently found a few bottles on the surface but now it snowed and it made things tuff. I have been metal detecting since 1999. Some where around there. I think I might like this bottle business but dont know much abot it. This site is a good start, Well thats it, My forum name is Airborne and yes I jumped out of perfectly good airplanes

RedGinger

Reaction score
Lol, so you're into dangerous hobbies. Be careful. Even experienced diggers can have a cave-in. Don't go alone and I don't know if I would consider them if they're caving in and 1900s anyway. Others will have their own advice, so wait and see what they say. Good luck, it's an addictive hobby.[:)]
Laur

airborne

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

Where i come from it's called the peeshadoo[>:]

Well if you want to add toliet to the list, In Da Bronx if someone was in the bathroom they would say so and so is "In the toliet", That was 35 years ago, now I live in the foothills of the Pocono;s

rlo

Reaction score
privy here too. out west, outhouse anyone heard of privy lilies? guess they use to plant them by the privies, so look for the lilies.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Aren't you glad you joined? We've got some comedians here. I can't think of another word for toilet, but it'll be on the top of my list lol. [8|]

RedGinger

Reaction score
You beat me to it. Actually, I've never heard that one before.

You people have me googling toilet lol.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Back in the deep woods they called it the (Blast Hole) if you can visualize that,I'm sorry bhahahah! Sickrick

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles