OVER TO THE DARK SIDE...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey, Charlie...

Speakin' of patches... I just picked up this nice little Lockport... The photo doesn't show it too well, but it has a patch where the "LO" in Lockport occurs...

Got it for well under the $200+ most folks were asking for these at the Albany show... It's a dug bottle and has some ground wear/scratches on the label side, but otherwise, it's pretty clean and no damage!!!

Ron

Jh14558.jpg

Attachments

• Jh14558.jpg
    Jh14558.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 95

bearswede

Reaction score
Here's the base... I'm still looking for an O.P. Lockport, but this will do till then...

Jg14230.jpg

Attachments

• Jg14230.jpg
    Jg14230.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 91

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, Miles... That one looks possibly like an attic mint example... Mine was dug and has some scratching on the label side, but is nice and clean for having been in the ground... And it cost considerably less than most others of it's ilk...

Right now I'm looking at a Middletown saratoga... Had one but sold it... Would like to own another...

Ron

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RON...nice lookin' Lockport...Ya done good.
Why is it we buy a bottle...later sell it...then even later wish we still had it,and so , off we go searching for another one? LOL.

bearswede

Reaction score
It's what I LOVE about this game!!!

I know a lot of guys have their "collections" and they only sell duplicates or stuff they aren't interested in themselves... I have a different philosophy... I have what I call a fluid inventory... If I like a bottle I'll put a high price on it... If I sell it, I've made a little extra to go out and buy that next one on the "Holy Grail" list... If I don't, I get to keep looking at it glow in my bay window at sunset (for a little while longer, anyway...)

Ron

whiskeyman

Reaction score
RON....yep, but I've found that quite often it costs ya more to replace the one ya had sold previously....that ain't no fun...[&:]

And diggin' one is often not gonna happen either.

BUT, we still, buy, sell, and buy again.

bearswede

Reaction score
Speaking of wanting to replace a lost loved one, have you ever come across an early Wolfie with a small "WZ" embossed at the end of the "U. Wolfe"???

It's pint-sized, black bubbly glass, sand-chip pontil...Purportedly blown in New Orleans, alth this has been disputed... The one I sold was found in a N.O. attic I was told... It also looked as tho it had just popped out of the mold, it was so bright and flawless... I really considered that it might have been a modern product from an old mold someone had found, till I found a tiny scratch or two... Beautiful bottle!!

If you hear of one, let me know...

Ron

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie