Overwhelmed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Frankinswine

Reaction score
I am a pharmacist, and have acquired 7-8 boxes of old pharmaceutical bottles. I have found a few that stood out to me as a pharmacist, but have no clue about collectibility. There are the typical companies Lilly, Upjohn,Merck, mallinckrodt. Then there are some tonics and "snake oils" . Some date back to companies form the late 1800's early 1900's. I plan on distributing some of this to my pharmacist friends, but I am curious if any of this has value. What types of things should I be looking for certain manufacturers, bottle makers, or type of drug? Or where is a good resource of information regarding antique pharmaceuticals. I would say the majority are mid 50's run of the mill stuff, but some are very old. I have a few poison bottles, arsenic, mercury, cyanide.
Here are a few that stood out to me.
Glycol tampon dressing still has cork and twine around the cork, keysall chemical company, Kansas City mo
Lloyd brothers still stoppered with label on cork Cincinnati oh
Se cre' to gen G.W. carnrick co full bottle with cotton and cork
Squibb effervescent saccharin full 1000 tabs
I have a few nice blue bottles and a really bright funky green one.
There are also what I would call snuff tins of various sizes, some are cardboard cylinders, even an old infant formula tin.
I have only gone through 4 boxes worth of stuff and can see no end in sight. Thanks in advance for any tips or info. To say I'm a newb is an understatement, so any and all info is appreciated.

botlguy

Reaction score
Joshua, welcome to the forums. What you have is certainly collectible and interesting. How much value depends on exactly what it is. As Matt / GuntherHess stated, pictures will most certainly help. Don't be surprised if one or more of us is interested in purchasing items. I suggest taking well lighted pictures of small groups and sharing them with us. We'll be glad to help.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Any of the bottles with Cannabis, Opium, or Heroin anywhere on the label no matter what the % of the product in the mixture will do well on E-bay!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese