Paid 15 for this...real or reproduction?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cookie

Reaction score
I'll really look over bottle tomorrow in sunlight to check out wear....here is a close up of logo...

36C6D0BF3C3843128841E691CF991DF6.jpg

Attachments

• 36C6D0BF3C3843128841E691CF991DF6.jpg
    36C6D0BF3C3843128841E691CF991DF6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 66

Ratzilla

Reaction score
I say it's legit, everything looks right, I would have grabbed it in an instant. None of the repro/fantasy crap is being done on old Chek seltzers like this as far as I know, since blank, unetched ones are almost impossible to find. Very common to find different caps on seltzers, as companies went out of the seltzer business their bottles were acquired by others. While it was too expensive to re-etch the bottles(although it did happen on rare occasions), changing the tops was cheap and happened all the time - It's probably rarer to find a seltzer bottle with a matching cap. Great find!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Cookie,....That bottle is legit as far as I know....Penn Digger will probably weigh in, as Bradford is both of our(s) hometown, and Tom has mentioned these bottles to me in the past....His collection has a pretty serious focus on Bradford Pa bottles. Nice grab for sure.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Nice pick up John. I have a mint example of this bottle. Your top is not original, which greatly takes away from the value. They are fairly common on ebay (2 in the last 2 weeks) with damage and switched tops, but for $15 you got a great deal. Often on ebay too, the bottoms aren't shown which are likely to be damaged/chipped. I am not one to collect anything after 1900 or so, but couldn't pass up a mint example of this local bottle. You got a great deal. If not a collector of cokes, I would advise taking the generous offer given as my mint example with the correct top was obtained for near the same price. Thanks for sharing.

PD

sandchip

Reaction score
The lettering looks like it was made from a hand-cut stencil, which is good, as opposed to the obvious computer-cut lettering on the repro posted the other day. I don't know enough about seltzers to say it's authentic, but it sure looks good. Especially at that price.

cookie

Reaction score
PD- I've had a couple of offers...I'd go 140 plus shipping...let me know ...Thanks-John

200glen

Reaction score
Thanks for the bottle John. Appreciate you not selling me out for a few dollars. Have a good evening, Arty

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology