PAPERWEIGHTS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I am working in a home which many museums can't live up to, just chock full of amazing antiques.. one category they collect is paperweights, and today I bought these 2 as a kind of house-re-warming gift for them, I just hope I am not insulting them with these specimens.. anyone out there know about theses things? What they're worth etc.. who made them and when? Whaaassupwitdeezzz??

4579683920_78951b3a90_b.jpg

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi Chuck,This gentleman( Paul Stankard) is a world renowned artist who has a studio 5 minutes from my house.
On his website he lists a contact area,in looking at the web site it appears it has not been updated since last year.
I would still give them a shot as Paul is probably the worlds greatest artist in this medium.Good luck let me know how
you make out.Here is the link ----- http://www.paulstankard.com/

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Chuck just google Paul Stankard and look at all the links. He is an amazing artist as you can see.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
OMG I'm impressed. Stankard very much, Steve! [sm=tongue.gif]

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Cyberdigger and you also Steve. I have done a lot of reading about paper weights. I think that multiflora is a neat one. I will be back here after supper, RED M.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I am back an that is one fantastic artist on the subject. Very interesting work. There were a lot of paperweight makers in the South Jersey early operations. However Charles, I think your two could have been made outside the USA. I have about 30 of them and I think half of them came from China. Fortunately I didn't pay much for them. That one of yours which is usually called multifloura has some neat bubble network in the glass, that makes it outstanding..

A few years I posted some pictures of one that had a sulphide George Washington in it. There weren't many comments made about it.

The work of this Paul Stankard is way above the normal quality I have seen. Thanks Steve for telling us about him.
RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28