Part 1&2-Adventure at the old B******n farm....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE: Part7 adventure at the old b******n farm

Thee neck...

F99690EDFFB74862BE2A578E91B446BB.jpg

Attachments

• F99690EDFFB74862BE2A578E91B446BB.jpg
    F99690EDFFB74862BE2A578E91B446BB.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 45

madman

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Some "finds"...

5D1F72DE8D0942E0A0C73F408E7CB9A5.jpg
hey joe was the mustard with the face damaged if not could you post a pix?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)

Hey madman,..No,...it's in great shape!...Mr. Fred's got it, but I'll grab a pic of it next weekend for you...(Hey Fred,....which face was it?) I should have grabbed it out of the bucket to get a pic....
Joe

madman

Reaction score

hey joe, nice digs, and ya worked for it, seems to be par for the course these days, im interested in it if its the sad face and or 4 inches tall again i enjoy yer post

RedGinger

Reaction score

I'm always excited to find marbles, so I guess I can't complain. Joe, Fred, or Tom, do you have a sifter we can take next time? There are some parts where sifting is possible. Maybe we can rig up some kind of stand also. Joe, I like your slick with the crooked neck. They are sometimes so hard to see in the mud and dirt that I think I'll take more of them home from now on. You just can't tell what's under there, especially if your eye is not trained to spot what a bottle is from a shard the size of a thumbnail, like Joe can.

This is "Hands Down", no pun intended, one of the cooler and flithiest spots we've dug. It's so cool to see the wooden barrel pieces four feet down. You're literally stepping back in time, or sinking as the case may be.

Next time I am going to take those Hood's panels home. I love the side that says "Apothecaries". I'm waiting for more nursers to come out of this dump as well. Two of our already sold at the antique mall. If we had more space and didn't need to sell them, I would have like to have kept them. But, I still have the two Fred gave me, and I love them. I'm usually only interested in the much older stuff, but these are a real treat.

I give the guys a lot of credit for digging hard for their bottles. I really hope there are more in there. Hopefully, we can go back this Thursday even if just for a mini-dig. Thanks for looking everyone.

glass man

Reaction score

THANK YALL FOR SHARING THIS DIG IT IS COOL! MAN WHAT WORK THOUGH! LAUR I HAVE SOME COLORED CLAY MARBLES,BUT NOT ONE IN PURPLE!

IS THE "GALLS" BOTTLE WHOLE? WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL IF IT IS. ONE I NEVER SAW BEFORE. JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score

Hey Jamie, thanks. The Gall bottle was all there, just broken. Hmm, I wonder if purple clay marbles are unusual. I'm happy with it either way.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score

I can't help but think that that mud would feel much better on a warm summer day[&:]...
Nice finds guys! Keep em coming!

logueb

Reaction score

Joe, Fred. Tom and Red. I finally got out yesterday for a few hours. Been helping the son out with the grandkids the last couple of months. No time for digging. It was raining on and off all evening, got soaking wet and slopped in the mud all evening. I feel your pain on the mud. Been keeping up with some of the posts, especially this one. I'll try to get something posted soon I hope. It was too wet to take the camera out yesterday. Thanks for sharing this dig. And good luck in the mud. There's a chance that something can be missed in the mud.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem