Part 1&2-Adventure at the old B******n farm....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
RE: Part7 adventure at the old b******n farm

Could the embossing on the bottom have a number lightly embossed like 5, as in 5 to the gall(on)? Just a thought.
Mark

That's exactly what it is. I've had different ones over the years.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

You have go through the BAD chit to git to the GOOD chit [;)]

You got that right Rick....Welcome back,....when you get done shooting gangsters c'mon back,....We miss you!               Joe

Yeah miss me like a heart attack tooth ache topped off with a infected splintter [:D]
I been getting the permissions lined up ILLLLLL BEEEE BACKKKK
Knock* knock* can I dig a big hole in your back yard? yeahhh suree gooo ahead. [:D]

RedGinger

Reaction score

Joe dug a toothbrush last Sunday, stuck it in his pocket and we forgot about it until he remembered it the other day. We're having a hard time telling if it's plastic or wood. It says, Made in USA Ardsley. I can't find any info on it. I spoke to my Mom earlier today and she says most things she's seen that say "Made in USA" are 1900 and later (she's an antiques person). Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

mr.fred

Reaction score

Laur-----they used to made old radios out of a plastic called ?????????????????-ask Joe what the name is-----they also used it for hair brushes etc.[8|]-----and tooth brushes.Was it called Bake-Lite?

RedGinger

Reaction score

Yeah Bakelite and celluloid. I used to have some costume jewelry and a purse made of Bakelite. I always liked that stuff. Thanks Fred. It probably is plastic, but it looks so much like wood.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

I forget how to pronounce it was the same stuff my hernia truss was made from.

RedGinger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

I forget how to pronounce it was the same stuff my hernia truss was made from.

How's your hernia holding up? Did the truss help?[:D][:D]

glass man

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: logueb

Joe, Fred. Tom and Red.  I finally got out yesterday for a few hours.  Been helping the son out with the grandkids the last couple of months.  No time for digging.  It was raining on and off all evening, got soaking wet and slopped in the mud all evening.  I feel your pain on the mud.  Been keeping up with some of the posts, especially this one.   I'll try to get something posted soon I  hope.  It was too wet to take the camera out yesterday.   Thanks for sharing this dig.  And good luck in the mud.  There's a chance that something can be missed in the mud.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAV. THREADS!

BRUCE ARE YOU STILL DIGGING AT THE TRAIN TRESTLE OR IS IT TOO COLD OR RAINY TO DO THAT NOW? MISS THAT THREAD TOO! HOPE ALL HAD A GREAT TURKEY DAY! NINA AND I SURE DID! GOD BLESS YALL MY GOOD FRIENDS! JAMIE

mr.fred

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: madman

hey joe, nice digs, and ya worked for it, seems to be par for the course these days,  im interested in it if its the sad face and or 4 inches tall  again i enjoy yer post
Madman----i just got that little man cleaned-----he's not the sad guy----But if i dig one he's yours[;)]--------Did you know they are listed in my candy container book?--they call him the Tilting Man[8|]-----held candy also---------------Fred.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE: Part8 adventure at the old b******n farm

Lotsa muck and not too much luck,....well, yeah, we HAD to go back.[:D][:D][:D] Just to prove to ourselves that she was pretty much done with...HOWEVER... there were a few finds so please stay tuned...Same muck channel,....(Alright just bein' silly) Okay where'd we leave off last Sunday,....The "tilting man" Here he is.

E12E0979226D4B7EB3B34724DCB272EA.jpg

Attachments

• E12E0979226D4B7EB3B34724DCB272EA.jpg
    E12E0979226D4B7EB3B34724DCB272EA.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members