Paterson EXPLOSION!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slag pile digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

D6B791F156B840B2B42D1E44DE72430F.jpg
[
HOLY COW JIM!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks Mike & Gordon, I'm still hoping this isn't a dream....LOL[;)]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Holy f'ing crap Jim!

Upon reading the title i figured that "EXPLOSION" may have been an excited embellishment, but it's a damn understatement! That is unreal. I'm curious to see how you manage to display all those, haha. I think you will need more than a few of those wooden mantles to get the job done. [:D]

So how many different stoneware pieces did you have before this? And are there any examples of note in this load that you are particularly excited about?

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Sweet sufferin succotash! Well I guess you're now the Paterson stoneware guru! I can't believe how many of the jugs are handwritten. I think I've only seen one like that from RI. Are the stone beers from Paterson too?

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

Holy f'ing crap Jim!

Upon reading the title i figured that "EXPLOSION" may have been an excited embellishment, but it's a damn understatement! That is unreal. I'm curious to see how you manage to display all those, haha. I think you will need more than a few of those wooden mantles to get the job done. [:D]

So how many different stoneware pieces did you have before this? And are there any examples of note in this load that you are particularly excited about?
I have about 20-25, so there are gonna be a few I need to sort out and decide which example is best and which will be traded or sold. I want to display them all on one wall if possible with the 5 gallons on the bottom and going smaller as I go up. A nicely designed shelf system with good lighting will be crucial.

The two handled Garrison's Sweet Cider jug with original wooden bung and tap is the shining star, there also a Garrison's Pure Apple Cider that will have the handle professionally reattached. There are also 4 or 5 'only known' examples and a few other strange jugs that need research because there are no records of the merchants named, but I will love them all equally...[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RIBottleguy

Sweet sufferin succotash! Well I guess you're now the Paterson stoneware guru! I can't believe how many of the jugs are handwritten. I think I've only seen one like that from RI. Are the stone beers from Paterson too?
Everything is Paterson Taylor... [:D]

Dansalata

Reaction score
FREEKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATS MAN!!!

Dugout

Reaction score
Hey Jim I think now you are officially full of crock! [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75