Peacock blue hutch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the history of this bottle? I searched the web for a while and couldn't find squat. I've never seen one before, has anyone ever seen one? They must have been made in 1976, that's 37 years ago they've been in circulation.....must be at least a few more around.

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Here's ABM examples in clear and amber from the same mold. These were made by Anchor Hocking, probably at the Salem, N.J. plant. Your pontilled one could have also been made there (they mostly did ABM but did mess around with hand made commemorative made stuff a little), or the mold may have been used later by Clevenger or one of the other South Jersey specialty glasshouses, it looks like a Clevenger color. I just got these two in a small collection of repro hutches, they're listed on the bay now if you want them to keep yours company[8|]

56B61E07AFC5482AB7C4AFCE2BD8B39E.jpg

Attachments

• 56B61E07AFC5482AB7C4AFCE2BD8B39E.jpg
    56B61E07AFC5482AB7C4AFCE2BD8B39E.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 62

beendiggin

Reaction score
OK, now we're learning something. Thanks a lot for that info as I was scratching my head on this. I haven't ever seen these before. How did you end up finding out so much about them?

Thanks again Tom.

I'm going to the Bay now to check out your listings.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Ok, checked out your auctions, they are all cool bottles . I hope they do well. I don't have a great fondness for commemoratives but some of them are neat and they are getting older all the time.

Thanks again for your help with identifying this bottle for me.

Ratzilla

Reaction score
I heard from an old Anchor Hocking employee who worked there about the time these were made, can now confirm that yours was made by Clevenger, they got the mold from Anchor after they did the ABM ones. I would think the blue one is rarer - at any rate it's certainly the nicest looking of the group.

Ratzilla

Reaction score
And so, yes, the nice hand finished pontilled one is actually newer than the ABM ones, at least by a few months- what is the world coming to?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583