Perfume? Sample Whiskey? I have no clue

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnN

Reaction score
The other day, I dug this "thing" up. At first I thought inkwell, but I don't think inkwells ever came in this shape. I posted this along with my other finds in the Digging and Finding section, and someone mentioned it may be a sample whiskey or flavoring bitters. It seems the people that used to live here were a bunch of drunks, because all I ever find is broken beer and whiskey bottles. I can't see any seams anywhere on the bottle, for whatever that's worth. The flat panels on the neck look like they may have been ground flat rather than molded that way. Any thoughts, comments, ideas? <Malformed image URL's removed. Please upload a couple of new images>

JohnN

Reaction score
Well, looks like I accidentally posted this in Before 1900, when it should probably be in After 1900. I found this in a dump that seems to range from around 1910s +/- to 1930s.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
This one? I'd say cosmetics department It does have a cordial atmosphere about it though.
download.axd

sunrunner

Reaction score
id say it was used as some kind of condiment .in old photos youll see them in table setings .iv dug them in restaurant dumps.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1