Pictures of old grist mill

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wangan

Reaction score
Boy coincidences abound on here lately! I was just telling a co worker about your Mill and the worn down stairs last week.I love the old Mills and the smell of grain or freshly sawn lumber.Yours is beautiful.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
The smell of 60+ year old grain is a little different than the fresh stuff. [:D] I do like the smell, though. I have to go in there & take some more pics. Someone painted swallows on an I beam down by the waterwheel... and there are some signatures of the owners that didn't turn out when I was there. One wrote his name in Greek. Just makes you wonder where and why a miller would learn that & use it. Was he a jokester messing with future generations heads?

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Yeah - I hear that's where all the millers from the 19th century learned the trade! Could be... we've speculated about it for years.

Stardust

Reaction score
What a wonderful delight Kate... We have a famous Grist Mill out in my neck of the woods that is quite famous along with the chapel across the street. The area has been used in many local movies. It has been one of my favorite places since a child. I love the smell, sounds, and water. [;)]

Thanks for sharing, you sure made my afternoon more enriched seeing your fantastic pictures and story.
Enjoy.
Star~*

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Kate,...I'll donate this one if you didn't have it already.

7B369C88E86445C9A8DFDFCB03F1EA6A.jpg

Attachments

• 7B369C88E86445C9A8DFDFCB03F1EA6A.jpg
    7B369C88E86445C9A8DFDFCB03F1EA6A.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 60

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause