Piedmont Bottling Works, Lenoir, NC bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

gohunt

Reaction score
Somebody help me by giving me some info about this bottle I bought at the flea market this past Saturday. As the title says, it says in the slug Piedmont Bottling Works, Lenoir, North Car. with the "Works" being inside the diamond and all the other words around the outside of the diamond. Under the slug but on the front says "Registered" and "this bottle not to be sold". Nothing on the bottom. On the back, around the bottom says "OB Co 734".So I go to the website "glassbottlemarks.com" and find an OB Co as"O.B.CO……………..Ohio Bottle Company, Newark Ohio (1904-1905). Short-lived merger of 3 factories. Later merged with several other plants to form the American Bottle Company." Is that this bottle, 1904-1905?It has lots of air bubbles, very thick glass especially the bottom, and is generally in very good shape with no chips anywhere.thx,

BottleCapKid

Reaction score
You would be correct. This bottle should date around 1900-1905. Good NC bottle. Another hint on dating the bottle is the fact it is Piedmont Bottling Works instead of Piedmont Bottling Company or Co. The Piedmont bottling Co came later and Works is earlier.

gohunt

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the info. I gave $3 for it last Saturday. Wonder what it's worth? Surely more than that......

gohunt

Reaction score
any idea what was bottled in this bottle back in the day?

BottleCapKid

Reaction score
A flavored drink or soda most likely would have been in this bottle.

ncbred

Reaction score
Good looking bottle. See the painted label ones all the time, rarely the embossed ones.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
gohunt said:
"O.B.CO……………..Ohio Bottle Company, Newark Ohio (1904-1905). Short-lived merger of 3 factories. Later merged with several other plants to form the American Bottle Company." Is that this bottle, 1904-1905?
Not necessarily, the mold could have been used for a number of years later by the new owners of the glass maker. Same with the works vs company thing. 04-10 or so is still possible. since it's a plate insert, that might have been redone with a name change easily though. It's a good one no matter.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1