Pipes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Hello all:
Pipes I've found. These are the intact ones. The crudest one was a much appreciated gift. Longest one is 6". No real value but still nice to find. Madpaddla

Pn37514.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37514.jpg
    Pn37514.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 69

madpaddla

Reaction score
These are going into a shadow box. All 4.5" or longer. The two black ones are made of another material. Gonna put a pic of the dumpsite in the middle with the pipes around it. Madpaddla

Yw67533.jpg

Attachments

• Yw67533.jpg
    Yw67533.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 61

Andyf

Reaction score
Hi Madpaddla,

Nice picture. The very bottom one in the photo could be very old....it's probably 17th/early 18th century....

Take a look at...

http://www.dawnmist.demon.co.uk/pipe-1.htm

Andyf

Mihai

Reaction score
My friend, you know I can't resist without posting a reply when I see some clay pipes. Even if I did find a few pipes in my short collecting career I wasn't blessed with a full one yet. And the black ones will give a good focal point on your display. Good for you!

Mihai

Reaction score
I forgot to tell you. You could try cleaning them with a regular bleach. I saw the results on some and they become real white, even though I didn't try it myself. If you have some reserves you could try with a broken one.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Ben...

Very, Very nice...[;)] You have a couple there with good lengths on the stem... great job. The stems are pretty fragile, so it shows you are being careful with your digging and getting into some good spots.[:)]

Wayne

madpaddla

Reaction score
Mihai:

You should find a wide variety of objects, pipes included in your searches huh? Is it harder/more difficult in older places and ones that are say 100+ years? Madpaddla

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hy Ben...

I also meant to say that the "black" colored pipes are not necessarily different materials... but more probably stained by different ground, dirts, clays, organic material or decomposing metals...

There are pipes made from different materials like bone, ivory, marble, red ware clay, metal etc and they are very recognizeable...

Good luck for continued great digs,

Wayne

Mihai

Reaction score
You know, Ben, I found my treasures in Thames mostly and in this environment to pinpoint an age is next to imposible, as the layers are inexistent. It happend to me to think that I found a nice miniature bottle when in fact was an aspirine bottle, still on display in my local Wal-mart.

I found a few things in my search for fossils and bottles. The only one of a certain value should be a small gold watch, but for the rest I wouldn't quit my dayjob.

In my back garden I found a small dump but the only noticeable things were 6 coins from between 1916 and 1953.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey