planning to go to a bottle show tomorrow , haven't been to one before

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
just not really sure what to expect , I've been to other shows before like antique shows and such but never been to a bottle only type show so not really sure what to expect or what prices / stuff be available or type of people there and how competitive an environment it be . there isn't really many bottles shows around here , think the one in Toronto might be only one in Ontario area at least that I've heard of . I find myself I tend to buy a lot of stuff at these types of events and sometimes make some good buys and others not as good . but I have a fairly good idea what types of bottles I'm looking for so .

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I've been to only one, but I recommend bringing a camera and a lot of cash if you want to buy. The first tables I saw and went to were INCREDIBLY expensive-- as in, blown-out-of-my-socks expensive.It appeared, at first, that almost everything was that way; but I then found much cheaper items that better suited my interests (*Cough*Local*Cough*,) and I was able to talk some dealers down. I don't think you'll be disappointed, and you might get some good connections. From there I joined a local bottle club which a member of promises me, if he finds a spot, that he'd take me digging (first privy dig.)Enjoy!

RCO

Reaction score
I already have a lot of bottles so don't feel a pressure that I have to buy something or first neat bottle I see there . i'll keep an eye out for any deals or local bottles from my area I don't have yet. but not really sure what to expect there or types of bottles available or price yet

Dcravosa

Reaction score
The milk bottle shows that I go to (New York and New England) are pretty good, and the bottles are usually less expensive than Ebay. Usually good folks to meet as well.

RCO

Reaction score
went and had a good time there , lots to see , a lot of older bottles that you wouldn't see a lot of elsewhere , a lot of Toronto Ontario bottles not as many from the smaller towns and cities . still found a couple neat bottles I didn't have yet and some other neat items around as well such as old postcards . found a neat older purple soda water bottle and another older bottle from northern Ontario , didn't see a lot of 1920's art deco bottles or ones there I already had . but overall was worth the visit

TheBombersDream

Reaction score
I was at that show today. Lots of really nice people to chat with. Managed to pick up a couple neat things. ( I'll do a post Tomo when I get photos) I was really surprised at home many people were there.

Arob

Reaction score
Did you go to the 2015 Toronto Bottle Show ? What did you think of it?
17018373410_22fcdff1f9_z.jpg
Here's John Goodyear with a A. FOSTER / WINE AND SPIRITS MRCHANT / KINGSTON that he'd purchased earlier that day from another dealer at the show. Did you see him there? Did you talk to these guys?
17203993082_f58404affb_z.jpg
The Toronto Bottle Show is the result of lots of hard work by the Four Seasons Bottle Collectors and the 2015 show was outstanding - we are all a little richer because of their passion and dedication and their generosity - they shared a wealth of information with the public. What did you think?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks